Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Blogging

It has been quite a while since I posted a blog. It was sometime in June last year when I was overseas and I created a travel blog - which I didn't end up maintaining very much!
But hey, I am in a way excited to be doing this again. Especially for Web 2.0 which I find to be an exciting bunch of tools available on the internet. I've used a few of them before and have definitely come across the others. The good thing about these weekly activities is that they allow me to explore and learn about these interactive online tools. It's really different when you don't have a purpose or a guide to follow or buddies to help!
One thing is for sure, this will require determination. I honestly attempted to complete 9 or something weeks of "Learning 2.0", which didn't last long for me. I think I only reached week 4. It was hard because there wasn't much of a guide and support there, like what we have in this assignment and it was all new technology to us. This was in 2006 when I was still working in libraries. 80% of the staff participated but most didn't finish it. Back then I had no idea of what Wiki or tagging meant!
Here's a link to show how they run it: http://www.yprl.vic.gov.au/Learning_2.0/index.htm

I remember from IKM Environments 1 last Semester that statistics show that blogs in general don't last. When I heard that, I was glad in a sense as my blogs have never lasted. I've now made 4 accounts in the last 4 years! I'm sure others are worse than me..

Sal, Nancy, Anne - Here's to 5 or so weeks of blogging fun!
Don't forget to comment guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment