Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Ultimate Reflection

I'm quite sad that this is coming to an end! The time that went into the exploration of the weekly tasks and blogging was sure worth it.

The weekly tasks have been an interesting range of things that I find taught me both the personal uses and possibilities for these web technologies to be used in a professional setting, including in businesses. I'm sure my blogs reflected how much I enjoyed exploring each task, showing what I have learnt and discovered as either helpful or not. I've given reasons where possible and asked for feedback from my group members. After this assignment, I may not use all the tools such as Google Reader, Delicious, Twitter, however I feel more confident knowing what they can do and offer.

I believe that knowledge of these tools is quite important at the moment as a student becoming an informational professional. I think to be aware at this stage of what is out there is helpful, but it is most important to stay aware of the new web technologies that continue to emerge. What I am trying to say is to keep updated is very important! This course 'Knowledge Management Technologies' has made me realise that.

Tasks were at an understandable level and the guides on the Learning Hub were most helpful. I was able to complete the tasks without consulting my group members. I did act as a person to come to for certain tasks in our group. My only struggle was the social aspect of the task. At times I felt effort was being put in for such a small audience. I may make my blog public after it is assessed to hopefully gain exposure to other people and receive some feedback and more insights from others.

I find the assessment criteria are suitable, however it can be difficult to interact, such as in my case when members are not coordinated in the weekly tasks. I think it is important that from the beginning it is stressed that tasks are completed each week so as to not disadvantage other group members. Keeping up with group member's blogs in the night before has been a stressful experience. These factors I believe should be taken into account individually. That was all that I felt was lacking - the interaction as a workgroup to solve problems. I felt more problems could have been put as tasks for us to solve together as groups through blogging.

Aside from that, this blog will not be neglected - it will have a future! I'll make it public and use it as a journal that I keep of my thoughts relating to IKM on going until God knows when!

Thanks Group - Nancy, Anne & Sal!

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you think dude.

    I kno huh....im sad too that its coming to an end. lols no more competition.

    Yea true....i find the criteria suitable too.....i would recommend to the next class.

    Thats all we get? "thnks group?" I did heaps more than just a thansk.......we're partners in crime mate!!!!

    lols

    adios. once again job well done jason. me proud of you ^^

    anne dao

    ReplyDelete