Saturday, September 5, 2009

Asian Triangle Trip

My last holiday was in June-July of this year. I go on holidays whenever I can and this time I just happened to go to Singapore, Manila then Bangkok. I've been to Manila and Bangkok before, but it was my first time to be outside of Singapore Airport. Totally loved the place.

Here's the route I took on my 3 week trip using the lines feature on Google Maps:


View My Last Holiday in a larger map

Here's some pictures from Singapore:

Main Temple in Chinatown

The Merlion Fountain
The Singapore Flyer

The Fountain of Wealth

Here are some photos from Manila:
Calesa rides:

Manila's old Walled City: Intramuros

Embassy Superclub - the place to club
Manila Bay behind the Mall Of Asia:


Official Promotional Video for Manila



Here are some photos from Bangkok:

The Leaning Buddha
Temples in Bangkok:
Tuk-Tuk:
Golden Mount Temple:

Video I took from Golden Mount, showing view of Bangkok:


I had a great time at all places, especially Singapore which I thought would be boring. Enjoyed the Singapore Flyer. There's so much more to be explored in Singapore. It really makes for a good stopover to other places. The Temples in Thailand are beautiful. I find them an interesting form of art. The freedom I have in the Philippines is unexplainable. I just feel so at home and at peace when I'm there.

Blogging can be fun when sharing travel stories with photos and videos! I think I'll make a travel blog for my trip at the end of this year - keeps my friends and family informed digitally because they always wonder where I am!

6 comments:

  1. since I have no friends and only 1 person decided to follow me on this, my blog, i'll be a bit sad and comment on my own blog!

    Don't try clicking on a picture because they're massive! Thanks very much to my Canon IXUS 100 12.1 MP camera!

    Hope the pictures give a good indication of my last holiday! They do more justice than me writing 1000 words on what I did each day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is cool.
    I think like this post of most all. Very colourful, something to see, something to read and something to talk about.

    Your holiday seems cool. Glad you had fun. I still havent even touch google map yet....i will sure post my favourite holiday up.

    Hey the map is cool....how you get the HTML for it? and post it up like that?

    job well done jason

    Anne Dao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anne! Yep I'm sure you can tell I enjoyed this one! I could create blog after blog with this sort of thing, including a map and photos.

    When you create your own map on Google Maps, a code is created when you click on link at the top right hand corner. Copy and paste that code into your blog! You'll then see it once you publish the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I JUST REALSIED u commented your own blog? ahahahhhaahahahahah u loser. ahhaahahahahahah

    Sorry now...show off your camera. mines the same...only 8MP tho. -_-

    Who wants your photos anyway? maybe the last one....where you're not in it. AAHAHAHAH jokes. XD

    anyway...adios (aagin ) ^^

    Anne dao

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLZ what's wrong with commenting on your own blog? The world is only comprised of our group - Sal, Nancy, you and me, with 2 Gods - Huan and John. I think if my blog's not getting any attention, I may as well comment to myself!!

    Oh everyone loves my camera when they see it!! I bought it just before I went on this trip!

    The last one isn't a photo LOL it's a VIDEO and it was taken on my Samsung Omnia. I had videos of Singapore but they were all like 150MB.. impossible to be uploaded onto this site!

    ReplyDelete